The Technology and Design Department aims to:
- make technology and Design an interesting and enjoyable experience.
- create opportunities for pupils to experience success in what they do and thus enhance their self-confidence and self-esteem.
- develop a classroom ethos where pupils may feel secure and good relationships can flourish.develop practical personal and social skills, particularly self-discipline and the respect for property of others.
- introduce pupils to a range of practical skills and techniques while at the same time encouraging the development of aesthetic values, mature attitudes and the ability to see a task through to completion individually or as a member of a team.
- foster an understanding of, and an experience in creative thinking which can be expressed and developed through planning and working with various materials and components.