We as a department aim to:
- teach Irish in an enjoyable, interesting and rewarding way.
- provide pupils with the opportunities to learn the language and develop their oral, written, aural and reading skills to their highest potential.
- show how Irish is relevant in everyday life and can be used to help further their career opportunities in the future.
- provide opportunities for active learning, working independently and working with others.
- to holistically develop the pupils as well as well as develop their fluency for the language.
- ensure all pupils enjoy the language learning process and all the opportunities that go with it e.g. the Gaeltacht.