Key Stage 3
Technology and Design is taught to all pupils in years 8, 9 and 10 three periods per fortnight. Pupils study the theoretical aspects of the subject alongside product design and manufacturing tasks. Students engage in active and engaging lessons that develop independent learning and resilience whilst enhancing effective communication skills and the ability to work with others. Students develop technical manufacturing skills via set design and make tasks throughout each year at Key Stage 3.
Topics studied in Year 8 include:
- Perspective drawing
- Health & Safety
Topics studied in Year 9 include:
- Art Deco design
- Geometric shapes, patterns and symmetry
- Tools and equipment skills development
Topics studied in Year 10 include:
- Streamlining Designs
- Design, graphics and modelling
- Product design and development (iterative Design)
- Metals – properties, uses, tools and equipment.